1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

ReadyBoost drive disappears

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 24, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I have a 2gb Sandisk Cruzer Titanium drive that I have ReadyBoost enabled on it.* Anyhow, it seems like after a few hours/days the drive just completely disappears from My Computer.

    *I thought maybe it was a just a bug so I installed Vista SP1 and the same thing still happens.

    Is anyone else using readyboost?* Does this happen to you.* It could be a faulty usb thumbdrive.*

    If I uplug the drive and plug it back in everything works fine for a while.*

    One time after about an hour of use, the drive felt very warm to the touch.* Do you think overheating*might be the issue?

    Any ideas?



     

Share This Page