1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Programming Population Growth...

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 27, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I felt like writing a small application tonight to project populations over time. Problem is, the more I think about population dynamics, the more confounding this project becomes.

    I'm thinking, well if we have an average of 3 kids per two parents every 50 years, those kids will then do as their parents did and have an average of 3 kids per 50 years. But then at 70 years the parents are dead.

    This application wouldn't consider terminal illnesses or diseases. That would make things a bit more complicated I'm sure.

    Just curious how you guys would do this.




     

Share This Page