1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with executables exporting symbols

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 28, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hello there,

    basically I do something simple....
    I build an executable and I ask it to export symbols, just like a dll. Then the lib generated is used to build a dll.
    At runtime, the executable will do a LoadLibrary on the dll generated. This works fine on Windows Desktop, or Symbian for example.

    When I tried that in eVC4 a few years ago, it didn't work. All the compiling and linking gave no problem at all, everything fine. However at run time, the LoadLibrary returned a NULL pointer.

    The only workaround I found was to split my executable in a very small executable and a big dll. Then, building the plugin dll, linking to a dll, not an executable, it could be retrieved by the LoadLibrary.

    Having switched to Visual Studio 2005, I gave it a try, and it's still the same problem. Instead of having an executable and a plug in dll, I have an executable and a dll, plus the plugin dll.

    Is there any reason it doesn't work in Win CE ?




     

Share This Page