1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Predicting Chemical Reactions and Balancing

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 26, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Do you guys have any tricks for this? I have a test tomorrow and am a bit stumped.

    ie: CaSO4 + AlBr3 - > ?

    Answer is : Double Replacement but we also have to get the charges of each element or ionic compound (which I already know how to do) then cross them like this:

    CaBr3 + SO4Al

    And then balance them on top of that such as this:

    3CaBr2 + Al2(SO4)3

    I believe I balanced that one wrong.

    So any tricks to this?




     

Share This Page