1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Postback problem

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 1, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I have a problem with postbacks and master pages.

    I have a website project I’ve quickly put together to test this in Visual Studio 2005 (asp.net & c#).* On the master page, there are two ContentPlaceholders.

    In one of the web pages called search.aspx (which uses the master page), I have a ASP.Net WebControl Button in the second ContentPlaceHolder that I simply want to use to generate a postback.

    However, when I try the button in the browser, nothing happens!* There is just no postback!

    I am using Internet Explorer 7; it seems to work okay in Firefox.* But it needs to work in IE7 for what I am doing.

    Can anyone help with this, as it’s critical to the actual project?

    Thanks in advance.





     

Share This Page