1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Portable Hard Drive - What is the right choice?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 17, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I'm in the market for a portable hard drive.

    Or, at least, I think I am .

    See, I need to install a Virtual Machine which will host a dev environment. And my current laptop only has one physical hard drive. So, I'm thinking I'd be better off running it on a portable hard drive. Question is, what should I get?

    I'm thinking about 100Gb size should be enough, although a larger one wouldn't hurt (if I need to add more machines later). But, what about transfer speed? Seek time? etc... What should I look for? I'm thinking the limiting factor here will be the USB 2.0 port, so does any of the other stuff matter? Anyone have experience in this?






     

Share This Page