1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Populate tab in asynchronous mode using AJAX

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, May 7, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    <!--fonto:Times New Roman--> Times New Roman <!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo-->Hi,<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo-->[/SIZE]
    <!--fonto:Times New Roman--> Times New Roman <!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo-->This might be bit naïve to many but I am new to AJAX so pardon me.<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo--><!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
    <!--fonto:Times New Roman--> Times New Roman <!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo-->In my web application(asp.net,c#) I have 5 tab. Each tab has multiple elements. To populate data I have to call a backend procedure for this I will use AJAX. But the whole operation will take quite some time as there are many data elements.<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo--><!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
    <!--fonto:Times New Roman--> Times New Roman <!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo-->My question is it possible to populate each tab separately. I.e. call separate procedure one after the other in a asynchronous mode and populate each table separately. So that the user doesn’t have to wait for the whole loading process to finish before he can see anything. This way he can see the details tab by tab.<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo--><!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
    <!--fonto:Times New Roman--> Times New Roman <!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo-->It will be very helpful if you can post some sample.<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo--><!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
    <!--fonto:Times New Roman--> Times New Roman <!--/fonto-->thanks<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->




     

Share This Page