1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Phishing

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 24, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I've noticed a huge surge in the number of phishing emails ending up in my spambox lately.

    Each time I go to the relevant banks website and hunt around for the relevant report phishing link and forward the email.

    Is it worth doing this? Do the banks take any notice or act upon these emails? Do they try and get the servers/domains that host the phishing sites shut down? Do they pass the details onto federal authorities?

    Or is it a better use of my time to just ignore and delete these emails?




     

Share This Page