1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

PC upgrade time...thoughts?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 6, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Alright, I actually have very little knowledge of PC hardware. I just go with whatever people tell me to buy (with of course some little research).

    What are your suggestions on upgrades (if I wanted to spend less than $800)? I'm looking at upgrading mainly memory, CPU (if needed), and GFX.

    These are my specs currently:

    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    Asus A8N-SLI mobo
    1GB Corsair PC3200
    Gigabyte GeForce 6600GT (PCI-e)
    2 HDs, (40GB 10k and 300GB 7.2k)

    I'm wondering how important it is to upgrade the CPU because that would indicate a mobo change. I also don't know the benefits of DDR2. I will definitely bump up the memory to maybe 2GB.


    Thoughts?




     

Share This Page