1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Outsourcing development to the USA ?!

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 5, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Outsourcing seems to be the name of the games these days for many projects.*The trend has been to source developers in* India and*other such places because the wage bill is cheaper and the numbers of trained developers are plentiful.

    However, with the crisis in the sub-prime lending market effectively causing the now infamous 'credit-crunch' the USA seems to slipping into recession at worst or a down-turn at least.

    The strength of the dollar isn't so good at the moment either.

    But it's not all doom and gloom. The US has lots of developers and they are highly skilled ... and now they are very much cheaper than they were*several years back. So I can sense*an opportunity? Is it viable to hire US developers instead?

    What I wanted to do is hear peoples opinions, examples and experiences*before I run off and start recommending that we actually start a new trend towards the West rather than the East.



     

Share This Page