1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

One for Scoble: Getting your blog noticed

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 12, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    My mother is an NHS physio and has been for more than 30 years now, so she's seen a fair bit: the penny-pinching of the Conservative era in the 80s, the naive enthusiasm in the 90s, and the "Management Consultant"-days of the present.

    As a means of dealing with the frustrations on having to deal with paperwork measured in feet, PHBs (well, in her case: Peroxide-Blonde bosses), and unappreciative patients she talks things over in great detail to my dad. Fair 'nuff, it works for her, but I feel the stories she comes up with deserve to be heard: like how the "targets"-related paperwork she has to fill in takes up time she could be using to treat patients, or how the PCT makes no arrangements for physios having to transport patient's equipment around (which can be much bigger than fits in a Toyota Yaris).

    So I suggested to her that she gets a blog. Considering she can barely use Hotmail I proposed she just tells me everything and I'd post it. Obviously making suitable arrangements to anonymise things (FWIW, she has some high-profile patients... who I can't name), and stuff like this would be pretty popular I can imagine.

    So after posting her stuff onto Blogspot, how could I get it noticed and hopefully trigger a mass firing of Management Consultants at the NHS?




     

Share This Page