1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with computer surround sound stuff

Discussion in 'Sound Card' started by JohnMcGarva, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev SUPER MODERATOR IN MEMORY

In front of a monitor in Blackburn Lanc's UK.
    Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Great stuff that you have it working on the original motherboard Realtek sound system, we may have got there ourselves but would possibly have taken much longer :eek:

I think now after looking at your set up in that screen shot it may just now be a case of connections being in the right places.

If you hover your mouse over each of the coloured ports under Analog Back Panel it should tell you what each one is for, I know that for example the pink should tell you it is Mic in, the green should be front speakers out. Not having them on my machine it is the brown black and grey I would like to know what it says for them as though some standards exist, Realtek don't always stick exactly to them. So if you can tell us what each says, we can probably work it out from that.

Nev.

2. JohnMcGarva

JohnMcGarva Registered Members

Ok.

Orange - Center/subwoofer speaker out
    Black - Rear Speaker out
    Gray - Speaker Out
    Blue - Line In

Green - Front Speaker In
    Pink - Mic In

Just a reminder.. I have all 5 speakers that plug in the back of the bass. Then the bass has 3 wires that come off of it that plug into the back of the computer. They are Green, Orange, and Black.

3. JohnMcGarva

JohnMcGarva Registered Members

Also an update. This is what I got working. I have 2 speakers that are far left and far right. Those 2 and also the center are always on when I do the 5.1 test. The close left and right are the only ones that run at different times.. As in, when the left side is playing.. The far left, far right, center, and close left are all playing.. When the right plays.. The far right, far left, center, and close left plays...

Is this normal?

4. Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev SUPER MODERATOR IN MEMORY

In front of a monitor in Blackburn Lanc's UK.
    Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Actually I suspect that your system, being that the bass seems to be some sort of control centre, may not work correctly with the output ports that you have. Instead of connecting them via the bass, try each speaker in its corresponding port on your computer and see what result you get then.
    Also do you have any instruction book for the speaker system you have which shows which cable should go to where? If so can you post a picture of that?

Nev.

5. Ricardo

Ricardo Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom 11 x4 965
    Memory:
    Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 DDR3 8 gig
    Hard Drive:
    Seagate X 1TB, Hitachi Deskstar X 1TB, WD X 500GB external
    Graphics Card:
    AMD Radeon HD 6670
    Power Supply:
    Corsair TX750M 750W ATX12V
    Like I said in a previous post, you mentioned 3 wires coming out of your bass or sub. Green, black and orange. Green is for your front speakers, Black is for your rear speakers and orange is for your center speaker. That is how these wires should be installed into the Foxconn 6 plug box.