1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with computer surround sound stuff

Discussion in 'Sound Card' started by JohnMcGarva, Jan 19, 2013.

1. JohnMcGarva

JohnMcGarva Registered Members

I downloaded the first link you gave me ricardo and it ended up downloading like 24/7 help, and all kinds of search bars and ect.. had nothing to do with a sound card driver download. So i uninstalled it all. But I downloaded the second download. And still no luck. I took a screen shot of what it downloaded.

This computer was owned by someone else and I'm not sure if he added anything to it. All i know if the guy buys good computers and uses them for a few months and sells them and buys a new one... Hes my sisters friend so hes a legit guy. I asked him about the foxconn and he didnt know anything about it. All he knew was about the creative sound card...

When I first got the computer, the sound didnt work. I installed the creative driver and the speakers worked while plugged into the 6 hole area... After I installed windows 8 it all started there. Thats when it stopped working.. Then I didnt like windows 8 so i went back to Win7. And here we are.

I have no problem trying to change the settings in the BIOS settings. Just give me step by step directions please..

Here is picture of what downloaded on the 2nd link...

[​IMG]

2. Ricardo

Ricardo Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom 11 x4 965
    Memory:
    Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 DDR3 8 gig
    Hard Drive:
    Seagate X 1TB, Hitachi Deskstar X 1TB, WD X 500GB external
    Graphics Card:
    AMD Radeon HD 6670
    Power Supply:
    Corsair TX750M 750W ATX12V
    Ok John, I am going to do some more research for you this weekend. I still think it is a missing driver issue. I searched for drivers based on the speecy info you posted. I should have opened the drivers I found and looked them over before posting them here, sorry about that. I searched for audio drivers for your motherboard and then I searched again based on the audio that speecy specified. I am confident that we will solve this problem. :bnghd: What I don't understand is, based on your motherboard specs, it states realtek as being the audio drivers, yet the audio stated by speecy was creative. I find this very confusing.

3. JohnMcGarva

Ok Thanks Ricardo

4. Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev SUPER MODERATOR IN MEMORY

In front of a monitor in Blackburn Lanc's UK.
    Operating System:
    Windows 7
    In most cases installing a Creative sound card automatically disables the original on board sound system Rich, that is why nothing is showing for the original Realtek system.
    Why it worked through those six on the foxcon has me baffled as they are most definitely the on board original sound system, why they didn't work previously, but then did after installing the Creative card is also a mystery.
    Considering that you say the sound didn't work so you installed the Creative card, or at least your friend did, it may not have fully disabled the Realtek as it should have done. Obviously, since the upgrade then the retro downgrade, it now has done.
    I still think that perhaps removing the Creative sound card, uninstalling all Creative drivers, then making sure the original Realtek system is fully re-enabled first, will tell us something, if it doesn't work, then reinstalling the Creative card, might get back to how it was, but with the latest Creative drivers, it might just get us back to where we are now.
    That Creative sound card that is working at least in a basic mode, is possibly all it can do, a higher spec card that has surround sound ports would be the way I would look at it now if none of what I suggest works or you are willing to try, as we are not getting anywhere at the moment.
    One of those things when working as we are and without the thing in front of me so I could go poking test probes in, and doing all that myself, we can't go much further here.

Nev.

5. Ricardo

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom 11 x4 965
    Memory:
    Hard Drive:
    Graphics Card:
    AMD Radeon HD 6670
    Power Supply:
    That is exactly what I was thinking on my way to work today Nev. Go into the control panel to programs and features and delete the creative software altogether. It seems that someone added the creative software and or card and hence, the realtek software for the foxconnn surround sound doesn't work. John, I want to do a bit more research before I tell you how to change things in the BIOS. I think Nev may be on the right track here. As Nev has said, it is a wee bit difficult because we are not sitting in front of you Pc, I wish I was because I could probably solve this issue better.

Cheers: Rich :eek:

6. Ricardo

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom 11 x4 965
    Memory:
    Hard Drive:
    Graphics Card:
    AMD Radeon HD 6670
    Power Supply:
    Hi John, I haven't forgotten about you. A friend of mine is an audio whiz with computers and I just emailed him about this problem. I will get back as soon as I get a response.

7. Ricardo

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom 11 x4 965
    Memory:
    Hard Drive:
    Graphics Card:
    AMD Radeon HD 6670
    Power Supply:
    Hi John, I think we should try something as Nev suggested. Go to your control panel and remove the creative audio software altogether. Re-boot your machine and try installing this driver http://www.official-drivers.com/installer/?seed=realtek&gclid=CJfQm46ejbUCFYpFMgodPTgAHQ then connect the various speaker wires into that foxconn box and give it a try. If this doesn't work we will have to go into your BIOS and deactivate one and or activate the other. Give it a go and see what happens.

Cheers: Rich ;)

8. JohnMcGarva

I uninstalled everything that has Creative in the name. I also uninstalled realitec or whatever its called.. and my speakers externally are still working... Obviously Not in the 6 hole area, But the 3 hole area where its been working...

I didnt download the link you gave me yet because I want to make sure everything is removed before I download it.

9. Plastic Nev

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    You must physically take out and disconnect that Creative sound card first, then delete or remove the Creative software. Do not leave the card still in the computer, none of what we are suggesting can work until it is removed. Leaving it still in will only result in Windows first finding compatible drivers and then re-activating it, so your work of deleting or removing the software was totally in vain. The card is those three ports you just mentioned.

Nev.

10. Ricardo

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom 11 x4 965
    Memory:
    Hard Drive:
    Graphics Card:
    AMD Radeon HD 6670
    Power Supply:
    Nev is right, because if you plug your speakers in the 3 hole area, all you will get is stereo, NOT surround sound.

11. JohnMcGarva

Ok. I went to control panel and uninstalled everything that has creatived it in. I'm not sure if to go any where else. I ALSO unplugged the creative audio card in my tower.. BUT you guys figure this out... Sound still worked.. In that 3 hole area. WITH THE CARD UNPLUGGED!

I got a picture of what I unplugged and where it goes.. (red arrow is plug, green arrow is where it plugs into the card at)

The plug also says (audio) written on it...

[[​IMG]

12. JohnMcGarva

OK update.. I went into my sound settings and uninstalled it that way.. restarted ect. Sound card is still unplugged and on reboot it asked me if windows wanted to try and find Creative audio software... (obviously I clicked no) BUT, Sound the computer recognized which audio card I have,,, even thought its unplugged? I'm going to download the link above right now. And Ill let you know

13. jaylach

jaylach Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    If the three audio ports are even still there you did not remove the Creative card. The ports would be part of the card. It looks like you just unplugged a patch between the card and mother board.

14. JohnMcGarva

Ok I downloaded this soft ware you told me to.. It says I'm missing 20 drivers?

I found the one for the audio.. It says I need to purchase the software in order for them to fix it... Cant' I Download the driver without that program I just downloaded??

Here is screen shot of software...

[​IMG]

15. JohnMcGarva

I dont know how to remove the whole card from the board.

16. jaylach

jaylach Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 8
    The silver bracket that holds the audio ports and sits flush against the back of the case will have either a clip or screw holding it in place. Remove the screw or unlatch the clip and just pull the card out of the mother board slot. They can be a little tight but it should not be hard to pull out.

17. Ricardo

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
    CPU:
    AMD Phenom 11 x4 965
    Memory:
    Hard Drive:
    Graphics Card:
    AMD Radeon HD 6670
    Power Supply:
  18. Plastic Nev

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Hi, unless you can remove that card entirely, and then let us know you have done, we cannot go much further. That card from what little I can find about it does not have surround sound that will work with your speakers. I think it just might be only available through the optical port if it does, which would need a different speaker system.
    Only the original Realtek system with the six ports is the surround sound that can work with your speakers.

Once the card is physically removed and only then, can we begin to find out if the Realtek system does or does not work.
    If it does, end of problem, if it doesn't, then a different sound card may be needed in order to obtain full surround sound.

However, if removing that card entirely is beyond what you feel safe to do, we cannot go any further and we are all at a brick wall.

Therefore if that is the case I can only recommend you take it to a qualified repairer for at least a full examination and diagnosis as to what is required to return it to giving you the surround sound you want. Ask for estimates first though.

Nev.

19. JohnMcGarva

Ok guys. I got the card completely removed. I downloaded the link that Ricardo posted. Nothing happened. It showed I have no external speakers listed on my audio settings. JUST my Logitech wireless head phones are listed

20. JohnMcGarva

Ok guys... Great news.. I got the speakers working.. I finally called foxconn and they said you need to call gigabyte which is my motherboard. I talked to some chinese guy (barley could understand him) but he got me going. I downloaded all the stuff he told me too and it wouldnt work. He is like well you need to run your windows CD and run a repair. And im like, before we do that, can we try the BIOS settings. And we searched and searched and couldnt find anything audio. Then we found a weird name It started with an Alz or something like that. And it was disabled. We turned it onto Auto and everything works now..

Now im trying to set up the 5.1 surround sound settings. Here is a screen shot of my settings I got. When I run a test with 5.1 turned on. All the speakers go at once, and only 2 of the tests work. There is 6 total tests. One for each speaker. (5 speakers and 1 bass)

How can I set up the surround sound... THanks

[​IMG]