1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

My VS05 gimped itself?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 9, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    So my M4 came in from repairs last week, so I went through the usual rigmarole of reconfiguring it, reinstalling all my stuff, etc.

    Whilst I installed VS05 the day later, it wasn't until today I got round to doing some work in it.

    ...fortunately it was work I <i>could</i> do, because for some reason my properly licesed, legit, etc... Visual Studio 2005 Professional seems to think it's Express.

    It still says it's Professional in the About box, my keys are fine, but:


    When I create an empty solution, when I add/create a project for it VS only lets me load one project in the solution (and hides the top-level Solution entry)Same thing for any existing*Solutions I was working on earlier, (but they're all single-project ones, I couldn't test opening existing solutions with multiple projects in) My "Build" menu is missing all the options except "Build %projectName%" and "Publish %projectName%" The Tools and Debug menus are missing the stuff related to Remote Debugging The "Attach to Process" entry on the Debug menu only appears after loading a project And some other quirks, like how all but the "Breakpoints" Debug window is missing from the Debug Windows list when I'm not Debugging
    I thought it might have been caused by the recent Security patch for VS released a short time ago, but after uninstalling that it remains gimped. What's going on? I need to do some Remote Debugging soon next week.




     

Share This Page