1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

My FIRST Bad Vista Experience

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 8, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    <i><b>Update:</b> <!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000 <!--/coloro-->Somehow "User Files" got turned off in my Desktop Icon Settings. Maybe I accidentally did a fancy keystroke?<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--></i>

    I was working on the computer one day (In Photoshop, I think), when (for some unknown reason), my desktop flickered, and all icons with the exception of my Recycling Bin vanished.

    I think, oh, maybe I need to "show desktop icons", but it was already checked. Just to be safe, I unchecked, and rechecked - still no icons.

    Did they get moved off the screen? I turned on "Auto arrange" - still no icons.

    WTF!? Where are my icons? Did they all get deleted? I navigate to my desktop in windows explorer, and whammo, they are ALL THERE.

    I've even used the old "reboot" trick - no help at all.


    .



     
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014

Share This Page