1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

MS SQL Books

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, May 6, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Just wondering if anyone could recommend me a ms sql book, 2000 and 2005 mainly but really I need to learn sql other than my current methods of trying something until it works (incl perf checking)..

    My current question is almost certainly really simple, I have a normalized many to many relationship (three tables)..

    A, B and C where B is the linking table..

    Given an Id for A, I need a collection of rows from A where they share the same 'children' from C (note this result must contain a column stating how many children are in common, and the results cannot include the original (ie, I don't want information about how many children are in common with itself)).

    Edit: this is a ms sql 2000 db.

    My main question is the book though, cheers in advance guys.




     

Share This Page