1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft Update - Doing something right!

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 8, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I just had to perform a reinstall of WindowsXP (expect a rant about a bad install experience when I get round to it - though I blame the OEM) and was pleasntly suprised at some of the stuff going on on Windows Update.

    The first was that Silverlight 1.0 was being pushed out. This is a great way to spread it to the masses. The next step is to make it high priority so that it gets pushed out via Automatic Update.

    The second was in among all the Windows security updates was an Adobe update for Flash Player. It's great to see microsoft beging to push third party software (not hardware) updates out over Windows update - something I've seen asked for many times here. [​IMG]



     

Share This Page