1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Loopy virtualization question

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 31, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    So, I want to be able to work anywhere, anytime on my pet projects. To that end I thought of using Virtual PC to have a "virtual development machine" set up, and sticking said "machine" on a USB hard disk.

    Now comes the tricky part.

    Obviously my personal machines can have virtual PC installed so using those machines is no problem, but is there a way of running up a virtual machine without having to install client software on the machine I'm plugged into? (For example, making the USB drive bootable, and somehow booting into a virtualisation environment which will then boot the VM.) Is there anything around that does this? (HyperV for example, as obviously VPC doesn't.)

    Thanks.




     

Share This Page