1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Loading Linux OS using a bootable program like Universal installer USB.

Discussion in 'General Software' started by John Stenger, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plodr

plodr CHF Advisor CHF Advisers

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Of course the DVD won't open - you don't have a DVD in there so there is nothing to read.

My image looks different because I don't have Mint installed. So I don't know what to tell you about not being able to mount ST3250312AS. (I'm not willing to install Mint just to figure out what you need to do to see everything on your 140GB internal hard drive).

Click on File System and show me Everything. It might take more than 1 screen shot to post all of it.

2. John Stenger

John Stenger Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home
    Yes of course not plodr! It may not matter at this point, because I am planning on reinstalling the Linux OS from the DVD again, due to a sign in glitch, that seems unfix-able. The only thing on Windows 10 I might have liked to retrieve were a lot of photos that I lost, and I thought they were gone forever anyway! I Thank you very much for your Help and advice!

3. DSTM (Dougie)

DSTM (Dougie) Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    A tutorial would be advisable to install correctly.

allheart55 (Cindy E) and Tony D like this.
  4. John Stenger

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home
    Thanks Dougie! Instead of the CD install, ..would it be possible to just download the Linux Mint with the still running Linux Mint OS, using the Firefox Browser, and then just installing directly from the download folder! Or is the DVD method better?

5. Rustys

Rustys Registered Members

Operating System:
    Linux Based
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Compaq H3900 (Windows 2002)
    CPU:
    Intel (R) PXA250
    Memory:
    64 MB RAM 48 MB ROM
    Hard Drive:
    Yes
    Graphics Card:
    4 D
    Power Supply:
    Solar
    Sorry dealing with trucks and equipment going down and getting rookies up to speed.

@John Stenger why not boot off the DVD of Linux and see if you can access the HDD that way. If you can then lets see if you can get to the pictures you want and transfer them to the USB drive that way.

6. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    That's not going to work. To do so would involve over-writing files that are in use. You need to install using the DVD or USB drive.

allheart55 (Cindy E) likes this.
  7. John Stenger

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home
    I reloaded the LINUX MINT OS from the DVD today, and so far it's working normally! the sign-in box is accepting the password as it should, and I only hope it remains that way! ...Thank you all for your help as always!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.