1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Linux & Windows

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 19, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    At work I use Linux and Windows, at home I use Mac OSX...the girlfriend uses my Macbook and since her computer died no longer does she use Windows....

    But the other day she asked me "What is the difference between Windows and Linux"....

    And while I could go on and on about OpenSource, Community, and etc...none of that means squat to her...

    Since MOST of us here are multiOS people, how would you explain Linux to someone that doesn't care about Kernels, Modules, and or compiling RPMs? Any videos you'd show them?




     

Share This Page