1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Linq to SQL -- modify SQL?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 30, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I've just started experimenting with Linq to SQL and so far I'm very impressed.

    But ...
    (there's always a 'but')
    ... the convention where I work is to use the 'WITH (NOLOCK)' hint on all select statements and the SQL generated by Linq to SQL doesn't do this.

    Is there a way to get the Linq to SQL generation code to use the NOLOCK hint in the SQL statements?* I haven't been able to find any details on whether it is possible to 'interfere' with the SQL generation at all.


    Herbie




     

Share This Page