1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Learning Fortran

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 19, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Does anyone know how a C Programmer would go about learning Fortran, specifically Fortran 90?

    I learned today that the software that my lab uses for molecular dynamics simulations is written in Fortran and if I want to do anything to make it run faster, I will need to be able to read and write Fortran.

    Before anyone suggests it, there are no courses on Fortran offered by my university's computer science department, so taking a class on Fortran is not an option. I even checked the graduate courses and there are none on Fortran.




     

Share This Page