1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Issues with IE6 secondary windows

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 26, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    <!--coloro:black--><span style="color:black <!--/coloro--><!--fonto:Verdanasans-serif--> Verdanasans-serif <!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo-->I am having a really odd issue and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

    <b><!--fonto:Verdanasans-serif--> Verdanasans-serif <!--/fonto-->Issue:* Internet Explorer 6*sporadically on many machines (not all) break and secondary windows will not open up.* It just brings up a blank window.<!--fontc--><!--/fontc--></b>

    Googling and surfing every MSKB I can find states to register a series of DLL's.* Specifically:

    <i><!--fonto:Verdanasans-serif--> Verdanasans-serif <!--/fonto-->regsvr32 /s Urlmon.dll<!--fontc--><!--/fontc--></i><!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><i>
    <!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Verdanasans-serif--> Verdanasans-serif <!--/fonto-->regsvr32 /s Mshtml.dll<!--fontc--><!--/fontc--></i>
    <i><!--fonto:Verdanasans-serif--> Verdanasans-serif <!--/fonto-->regsvr32 /s Actxprxy.dll<!--fontc--><!--/fontc--></i>
    <i><!--fonto:Verdanasans-serif--> Verdanasans-serif <!--/fonto-->regsvr32 /s Oleaut32.dll<!--fontc--><!--/fontc--></i>
    <i><!--fonto:Verdanasans-serif--> Verdanasans-serif <!--/fonto-->regsvr32 /s Shell32.dll<!--fontc--><!--/fontc--></i>
    <i><!--fonto:Verdanasans-serif--> Verdanasans-serif <!--/fonto-->regsvr32 /s Shdocvw.dll<!--fontc--><!--/fontc--></i>
    <i><!--fonto:Verdanasans-serif--> Verdanasans-serif <!--/fonto-->regsvr32 /s Browseui.dll<!--fontc--><!--/fontc--></i>

    <!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
    <!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo-->This 'does' solve the issue .... For the time being.* I have drilled*it down to just*one DLL which is <i><!--fonto:Verdanasans-serif--> Verdanasans-serif <!--/fonto-->mshtml.dll. O<!--fontc--><!--/fontc--></i>ver time, and it’s no certain amount of time, they break 'again'.* This happens to machines that have been on the network for quite some time, and also machines that have been recently RIS'd and landed.

    I have attempted to use <!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100% <!--/sizeo-->*to track down what might be 'unregistering' these DLL's.* I run this during the night and check it in the morning.* Since it collects so much information the machine is nearly stopped and has to be rebooted and I get no information/logs about what might have caused it to break.

    Can anyone recommend a piece of software that can monitor a group of PC's on the network and log information based on file and registry changes?* And hopefully a piece of software that does not take up so much system resources?

    Also, has anyone run into this issue at all?* I'm just sick of having to register DLL's all day :s

    Thank again for your time on this matter.* And if you need specific information about the PC's I can offer that as well.* We are running a locked down environment with the same patches, etc.<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--><!--/fontc--><!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->




     

Share This Page