1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

IE7 Vista SP1 insane memory usage

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 18, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Lately I've noticed that my PC really seems to slow down over time, more than usual. I've found the culprit, IE7.

    [​IMG]

    This is with 2 tabs open, Channel9, and my online OSU course page, which uses no fancy ajax or anything. I did browse neowin.net, live.com and digg.com. I just do not get how the result can be such a high memory usage. I tried this with no extentions and a similar result happens. I do have Flash, Silverlight, and a Live Writer Extention listed.

    I haven't really noticed this until about a month and a half ago. Did SP1 change some IE7 code? Did some hotfix? What happened?

    I hate the web browser. I can't continue to use IE7 if I have to restart it in the middle of my homework. I like Firefox 3 Beta, but since it is new and had some major rendering changes, sometimes it doesn't work with all webpages, plus it is ugly. Opera...well it doesn't work with my school pages.

    Does anyone else expirence this, I have one friend who seems to, but everyone else uses firefox so I really have no comparison. If no one else does expirence this, then wtf is wrong with my computers (my desktop and my laptop).

    If it is an addon, it is either Microsoft's fault or Adobes fault still (though it still does this with "no addons" mode). In anycase this is driving me nuts.

    Additional Evidence with no CPU usage

    [​IMG]




     

Share This Page