1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

How to catch exceptions raised by Custom Membership provider?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 30, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hi,

    This is another post regarding the problem I am facing with handling exceptions raised by Custom Membership Provider.

    I have written a class "CustomMemberProvider" which throws an exception through its ValidateUser() method. I would like to rethrow this excepiton from the catch block of the ValidateUser method in order to handle it within the .aspx page and display user an appropriate*message.

    When I try to throw an exception in the catch block of ValidateUser() method, it halts the execution there and does go back to the .aspx page as expected.

    I have another post () for the same problem. I had to repost it as I wasn't getting any responses. Therefore, I thought of rephrasing it and posting it one more time.



    Please help.

    Regards,
    Sunny




     

Share This Page