1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I determine Memory slot use?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 29, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hi,

    I just ordered 2 gigs of memory for my laptop, but I think I made a mistake.*

    My laptop (Inspiron 1520) supports 4 Gb of memory, but only has 2 slots.

    I was surfing and came across a good dell on a 2 Gb stick so I sort of bought it without even thinking about it.

    Now I started thinking...
    I don't actually know what the exact memory configuration is inside.
    I mean, I do't know if I have 2 x 1 Gb sticks or*a single*2 Gb stick.

    If, I only have a single 2 Gb stick inside now, woot! I will have 4 Gb (which was the intention when I bought this thing), but what if I have two 2 Gb sticks in there?

    I can't mix a 1 Gb stick with a 2 Gb stick, can I?

    Is there a way to tell what the configuration is without opening the case?



     

Share This Page