1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Help. This is driving me insane.

Discussion in 'Is my Computer infected?' started by Honl, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Honl

Honl

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    There is something I cannot find on my laptop. It constantly plays random songs, even when the laptop is closed, and can jump to different devices, like my TV and phone.

2. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Hello and welcome Honi, If this just started, try using System Restore to revert to an earlier time on your computer. You can get there by holding the Windows key and tap the R key. When the dialog window comes up, type in rstrui.exe and click the Open button. Follow prompts to restore the computer to an earlier date.

IJAC likes this.
  3. Honl

Honl

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Hello, thank you for your reply.

What do I do if it says I don't have a system restore backup?

4. Tony D

Tony D Administrator Administrator

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    First, the System Restore is built into Windows 7 thru Windows 11. It should be working. It's built into Windows. You don't need a separate piece of hardware. Please try running the System Restore as I described earlier.

If that doesn't work, the next thing you can do is to uninstall any apps that you think may be the cause of your problem. You can sort apps by the date they were installed. That should help to determine which app may be the culprit.

If this happens only when you bring up a browser, reset the browser.

You said
    I don't understand how the sound can jump to other devices. Please provide a list of the devices the sound jumps to. You must have some syncing/handoff going on.

IJAC likes this.