1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Generation of designer file failed: Unknown server tag 'W3b:Form'

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 27, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I've got a class which inherits System.Web.UI.Form (and a few other control classes) in a separate assembly.

    When my Web Application references the assembly (and I add the reference to Web.config under ) <i>most</i> of the controls in the assembly show up in the HTML/ASP.NET Intellisense window. But some of the controls (including my custom form control) don't.

    Furthermore, when I type them in by hand the IDE doesn't recognise them and spits out:

    Warning*** 1*** Generation of designer file failed: Unknown server tag 'W3b:Form'.*** Z:\proj\Foo\Default.aspx*** 16*** 0*** W3b.Foo.Web

    I've rebuilt everything several times, ensured all the attributes are fine, and restarted the IDE even more times, all to no help.

    Any ideas?




     

Share This Page