1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Freelance work, how do you charge?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 28, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hey guys. I have been doing a bit of freelance-ish work foor a person i know, which I'm getting paid for.

    It's a simple cms solution in Ruby on Rails(Bite me, it's an awesome framework and Ruby is fairly nice), with a login page and then it just replaces the labels with a rich text editor, and stores the html in the database.

    I didn't really take note of how much time i*spend making it, nor do i actually know what to charge per hour.

    Since I'm a student(17 years old),*I can't charge that much.

    So what would you guys charge? I'm looking to have a few tasks like this in the future, so it would be useful to know.***



     

Share This Page