1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Fill a 3.5 DetailView with design time demo data

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 2, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I want to prototype a DetailView with data I manually put in my code just to demo the page.

    I thought I could just build a public Dataset and design the Detail View using that, but you can no longer drag-and-drop a Dataset to a form, even if you have an .xsd file.

    So, what I want to do is have my fields/tables in my dataset to match what WILL EVENTUALLY come from an actual database. And use this dataset to design the layout of the DetailView.




     

Share This Page