1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Fed up with Vista SP1

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 30, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    It starts with the Welcome screen, something steals the focus away from the password prompt, forcing me to click in the edit box with the mouse as the tab key has no effect. Minor but extremely annoying.

    Next, my network card acts funny after the computer slept. I get many timeout errors when browsing and checking mail. I can see the LED go off for a few seconds on my switch if the cable was unplugged or the*NIC was reset. I have to disable/enable it to restore normal operations (until the next sleep).

    Last, something broke in either USB or P&P or both. The system tells me that my PCTV330e tuner "could perform faster" like the USB port was a USB1 device (it is not),*MediaCenter sometimes (only sometimes)*does not see the TV tuner, I've also heard the distinctive "device uplugged" sound without unplugging anything.

    The system worked just fine with Vista Ultimate since late 2006. The above problems appeared immediately after installing SP1 and completely disappeared when*I uninstalled the service pack minutes ago.

    Anyone*had a*similar experience?




     

Share This Page