1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Expression: Wow

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 5, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I've got to say, Expression Blend has some of the best help/documentation I've ever seen. It's absolutely brilliant. Somebody head to building 42 and tell those guys they've done a brilliant job. Mind you, they wouldn't have to have amazing documentation (because it is just that) if their controls (well, one so far, but I've been using this product for like 8 days so..) were easier to suss out in the first place.

    I hope they see this, cause I've got one question (and if they don't, can somebody over these send an email or something?):

    Why the hell is the FlowDocumentReader so difficult to use? Editing it's text property is buried under no less than 4 menus, and editing that text is kindof stupid, considering the area you have to edit text is your typical one-line textbox thats about 50px long. Now, considering the nature of the FlowDocumentReader, this makes absolutely no sense, because it's designed to view larger documents - typing them directly into Blend is absolutely not an option. How hard would it be to add a bigger box to edit in [​IMG]
    It makes one of my favourite controls (cause it looks awesome out-of-the-box, and has some cool functionality) retarded in a way.






     

Share This Page