1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

DVDRW drive cant read DVD Movies - Is it Region Locking or ... ?!?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 7, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I live in Canada and own a Liteon SOHW 832sDVDRW (version VS0J 2005/07/21). Recently the DVD region count hit 0but i used LtnRPC to reset both the vendor and user region count backto 5. It claims the drive region is not set yet after the patch.

    I have no idea if this is even related but when i try to play anycommercial bought DVD discs from the DVDRW either Windows XP treats itas a blank DVDR or the drive endlessly spins up and clicks nevershowing the movie. Is this what happens when a drive is still dvdregion locked playing a video outside its region?

    I am able to play CDs fine and can read DVDRs (data files or burntregion-free movies). But actual commercial DVD movies arent playinganymore. I've tried things out in safe mode but same effect.

    Thanks for any assistance.* Oh I have Kaspersky and SuperantiSpyware installed.



     

Share This Page