1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Drop Folder Permission in Sharepoint WSS3

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 19, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hi,
    ***I have been asked to set a Sharepoint Document library up as a drop folder. i.e. We want people to push stuff to it but we don't want unauthorised people to download from it.

    ***I've tried setting up a custom permision with 'Add Items' only - but you are forced to have 'View Items' as well. View allows people to download the content, not just view the list of items......


    Any thoughts?

    ***At the moment were looking at creating a workflow that moves the items into a more restricted list, so there are two lists, one to drop and one to pick up. This isn't quite what we want though as w'ed still like the list of uploaded items to be visible......



    Adrian



     

Share This Page