1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Disabling Aero Increase Performance?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 7, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    If I disable Aero, will I gain a performance increase?

    Aero, is nice and all, but I use a computer to work and don't really care if the windows are transparent.

    Does Aero itself eat clock cycles?

    I found this on the interweb, but don't know if it's true. Can someone clarify?

    <blockquote>.<b>Some Internet Forum User wrote:</b><i>
    Aero is accelerated and on just about any proper DX9 level card (or higher) its faster and uses less CPU time than the old GDI type interface on XP.

    Disabling it doesn't improve performance at all, it anything it makes it worse. Gaming is unaffected by Aero.

    There really is NO reason to remove it other than the simple fact that you might think its unattractive, which few do. </i>[/quote]

    Is this true? If so, then why does aero perform so horrendously on anything less than a dual core machine?

    I guess the real question I am asking is, will my pc perform better if I disable Aero?




     
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014

Share This Page