1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Deploying .NET CF Application with a Reference

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 22, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    In my new .NET CF (3.5 WinMo 6 Pro) application, I am referincing a DLL. When I deploy it to my physical device, the program won't start. I get a .NET CF Initialization Error. "The application failed to load required components. If the .NET Compact Framework is installed on a storage card, please ensure that this card is in place and launch the application. If this fails, a re-installation of the .NET Compact Framework is recommended". It only happens when I try to intialize an object whose class is that DLL.

    If I remove the object initialization and remove the reference it works fine.

    I've tried adding the DLL to the solution and placing the DLL in the application's startup dir on my device.

    I did some web-searching on the issue and it appears that it was a bug in the .NET CF 2.0. The man said that it should be fixed in .NET CF SP2. I am running 3.5

    <blockquote>.<b>Dan Elliott - MSFT wrote:</b><i> <!--fonto:Consolas--> Consolas <!--/fonto-->We've confirmed that this is a bug in CF.* Whenan app is launched, we use the app path in the class name. Our singleinstance detection logic is broken if an app is launched with differentslashes in the path. This repros on the Blackjack, as its task managerlaunches apps using forward slashes and the OS preserves them. So if auser launches an app normally from the start menu (back slashes) andthen tries to get to it using the task manager, they will get a newinstance instead of the old one.<!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->

    <!--fonto:Consolas--> Consolas <!--/fonto-->Unfortunately it is too late to get the fix into Beta 2, but*we plan to get it into RTM.<!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->
    *
    <!--fonto:Consolas--> Consolas <!--/fonto-->Dan</i>[/quote]<!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->


    -J.Lebowski




     
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014

Share This Page