1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Debugging Dumps and other issues - help?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 27, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Everytime my pc*shutsdown, it blue screens after about 7 minutes.
    It says "Shutting Down" for about 7 minutes and then dies.

    When I restart, I get a message saying that Windows wasn't properly shutdown.

    I used the Dump Debugger thing that was mentioned in the NVidea thread, but it isn't so helpful. The message is:

    <b>Probably caused by : ntkrnlpa.exe ( nt+d8681 )


    </b>So my kernal is bad?

    This is a brand new (just installed < 12 hours) installation on a brand new PC.

    Another wierd thing is that when I try to intsall the intel ACHP drivers, it says my machine doesn't meet the minimum requirements, but I know it does as its a G33 Express board with a Q6600 chip and daul SATA HDD's.



     

Share This Page