1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Membership Provider - Catching Exceptions

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 30, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hi,

    I am writing a <b>custom </b><b>membership</b> provider using C# in .Net and I have
    been trying to catch exceptions raised by my <b>custom </b><b>membership</b>
    provider class in my aspx page. I have already written a <b>custom</b>
    <b>membership</b> class, which throws an exception. I am throwing the same
    exception in the catch block of the <b>custom</b> class thinking that it
    would be caught by the .aspx page.

    Since I am using login control, shipped with VS 2005, for
    authentication, I would like to understand how these exceptions can
    be
    caught with in the .aspx page. Specifically, I would like to know
    which process invokes ValidateUser method of my <b>custom</b> class. This
    <b>custom</b> class is an implementation of an abstract class named
    "<b>Membership</b>" class. I don't remember the exact name of the abstract
    class as the source code is not accessible to me at this point in
    time.

    To add to the info above, I have the <b>custom </b><b>membership</b> provider in a
    separate project which is ofcourse part of the same solution as my
    web
    app where I am trying to catch the exceptions.

    If possible, please revert back at the earliest. If there's any
    clarification reqd abt this scenario, please do let me know.
    Thanks,
    --Sunny





     

Share This Page