1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Create Shared Folder Using Batch File or VBS

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 26, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hi All,

    I'm using Windows XP with SP2 and have two pc's networked using a cable connection.

    I'm trying to create a shared folder by using a .reg file to import the appropriate sharename & permissions into the registry. These values appear to be imported correctly, but the folder (although visible on*the remote computer) cannot be opened & the "You do not have permission..." message is displayed.

    Using Explorer to set the folder as shared allows the folder to be opened on the remote computer, but I want to do this using a batch file or script.

    Any suggestions would be most welcome.

    Best regards,

    Greg M




     

Share This Page