1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Cloning volumes and now they're unbootable?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 31, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I have with me a 2.5" 40GB SATA HDD from a laptop.

    I ran Norton Ghost 2003 to clone the disk onto a 2.5" 120GB SATA HDD.

    The cloning operation went by without any problems, except now the volume isn't bootable. After POST the computer just sits there with a flashing/blinking underscore cursor in the top left.

    I've ran, in the following order:

    fixboot, fixmbr, bootconfig /rebuild, and fdisk /mbr

    ....all to no avail. Any ideas? This is kinda urgent.




     

Share This Page