1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Cloning database tables

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 23, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    If I have a database (SQL) with identical schemas on two seperate computers, how can I clone the contents of certain tables?
    I already have a mechanism (in WCF) whereby I can send text between the computers.
    Currently I have a fairly clumsy mechanism where the data is all loaded into a dataset, the XML of that dataset is sent over to the other machine, and then a fairly long parsing routine builds sql statements that re-insert the data on the other machine.
    The key here is that the primary keys of the tables cannot be changed, they must be the same on both machines.
    I bow to your superior knowledge for guidance...




     

Share This Page