1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Cleartype going titsup

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 14, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I've got a simple painting routine for a control I made, it calls the TextRenderer class directly, like so:

    <!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff <!--/coloro-->using<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->(Font fText = <!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff <!--/coloro-->new<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--> Font("MS Sans Serif", 10))
    <!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff <!--/coloro-->using<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->(Font fTitl = <!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff <!--/coloro-->new<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--> Font(fText, FontStyle.Regular)) { <!--coloro:#808080--><span style="color:#808080 <!--/coloro-->// FontStyle.Bold)) {<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

    <!--coloro:#808080--><span style="color:#808080 <!--/coloro-->// g.DrawString(e.Participant.Name, fText, SystemBrushes.ControlText, rCapName);
    // g.DrawString(e.Name , fTitl, SystemBrushes.ControlText, rCapTitl);<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->
    TextRenderer.DrawText(g, e.Participant.Name, fText, rCapName, SystemColors.ControlText, TextFormatFlags.Left);
    TextRenderer.DrawText(g, e.Name , fTitl, rCapTitl, SystemColors.ControlText, TextFormatFlags.Left);
    }
    Yet when ClearType is enabled the text comes out with an ugly bold appearance, but turn ClearType off ("Standard" anti-aliasing is fine) and it looks fine.

    ClearType is on the left, Standard on the right. What's up?


    .



     
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014

Share This Page