1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap Windows Mobile phone? Why not?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Mar 20, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I was wondering why all Windows Mobile phones seem to be fully functional computers when I think many people will be very happy with "basic" smartphones.

    What I like the most about Windows Mobile phones*is the seamless integration with Outlook (all other phones I tried in the past would not synchronize very well and would screw up my*contacts, calendar,*and so on).

    What I mean is a phone that does:
    - basic phone functions with decent quality speakers
    - synchronize contacts seamlessly and allows to search contact from any field (also "company")
    - synchronize calendar and tasks with Outlook (read only would be fine, writing calendar entries with the tiny keyboard of my HTC is very painful)
    - Hotmail Live, Gmail, Yahoo mail available (so will need WiFi)
    - A decent calculator and currency converter
    - Has at least a handful of languages available for T9 in SMS (if you leave in Europe you will find yourself sending messages in more than one language very often).

    I am not saying more functional devices are useless, but this is what I am looking for and have never been able to find.




     

Share This Page