1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot remotely execute VBS script.

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, May 1, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hey niners, I need some help because I am STUMPED! [C]*

    I have made a vbs script that gets the dell service tag enters it in a text file and names the file the store number.* The script works perfectly when running it local.* You can double click the script, use cscript, wscript, start, or any other way to run a file you can think of.* You cannot execute it remotely.* This script is going to be run from around 350 restruants around the country.* The file is going to be made and picked up automatically and brought back to a server over here.* Everything is set up and works fine except the remote execution of this script.* It seems like a security issue.* I have used script2exe to convert it and try to run it that way.* I have used cmd wrappers to try to run the script to no avail.* I even made a VB app that ran the script.* I have run out of ideas.* Any suggestions?



     

Share This Page