1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

C# client/server (SQL) how to, need help!

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, May 4, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I'm trying to write a client application to manage some data on a SQL server, this client could be used by several users at the same time. Questions : 1. Is there any other way to connect to the SQL server without needing the clients to connect directly to it by TCP/IP port opening? It kind'a feels weird opening up SQL server ports? or is it "normal" and OK ? 2. When two users using same field, how would you lock that field? Like if one user opens it up, the field locks (read only) for the other user? 3. If I got this correctly, I'll need to buy atleast Visual Studio 2008 Standard to do the above, since express editions won't connect to remote SQL servers? Thanks!



     

Share This Page