1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Apple Vista?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, May 6, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I've put off upgrading my Powerbook mainly because I don't install the first release of any upgrade;* I usually jump in at the .2 release.

    Well, from what I've been reading, this may not be the wisest course of action.

    Jason O'Grady is looking into some of the troubles that Mac users are working through, that has caused them to dub 10.5.2 as

    Here's my favourite quote

    <blockquote>.<b>Rabid Mac fan wrote:</b><i>
    If I wanted to run on a buggy crappy operating system, I’d pickup a PCrunning Microsoft Vista. I don’t expect this from my Mac. Mac OS10.4.11 (Tiger) ran great whereas Apple Vista</i> just appears to be immature and needed more time to cook.
    [/quote]

    A fascinating demonstration of the skewed reasoning that can result when some* people find disappointment with the platform they have chosen to deify.

    First, cry on line like a baby, then try and make yourself feel better by running down the operating system, the alleged crappiness of which, you are secretly beginning to doubt.

    Perhaps it would be better to just report your problem to Apple and help them to help you? I dunno, just* a thought.

    Anyway, it is hard to prove how widespread these problems are; Apple's desire to cast itself as perfect, does mean that problems like this are talked up out of all proportion. And the problem that this chap seems to be having, look as if they are related to an EFI update that went wrong, rather than a problem with the OS itself.

    Still I have to say, I'm a little worried that Apple's software quality control may be slipping, without Avie Tevanian's steady hand to guide it.









     
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014

Share This Page