1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone a bit uncomfortable with the fact that Live Mesh uses Passport?

Discussion in 'Microsoft News' started by NewsBot, Apr 27, 2008.

  1. NewsBot

    NewsBot I Got News

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,813
    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I love the idea behind Live Mesh, I genuinely feel that it is the future of the internet, the whole concept of writing applications for a mesh of data and devices as opposed to one device with one set of data is totally amazing!

    But, and this is a big but, everyone who wants to use this needs a Microsoft Passport to use it. Shouldn't there be a general identity API so that people who want to use their Yahoo ID or their OpenID or their WordPress Login, Typepad, etc. etc. be able to use the login they've been using forever?

    Just throwing it out there.




     

Share This Page