1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows--Side by Side Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by gunnner, Sep 15, 2009.

1. gunnner

gunnner Registered Members

Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    Dell 521 32bit
    Hello--Cannot seem to get it to work any more.
    Got info about it from a book.
    OK---first time I tried it---came rite up.
    Second time took 45 min.
    third time---Gave up. ---I have right clicked---left clicked--locked & unlocked task bar---etc.. What ever I do just brings up a new page.
    I do notice that now only the window thats on is in the taskbar---in the past there were many?

Here are the directions I have:

Simply right click on a blank part of the taskbar and choose---Show Windows Side by Side to place Window next to each other. Thats It.
    I do notice that when I click on Show Windows Side by side--a check mark does not apear---but in lock the Taskbar A check mark will apear.

I googled Side by side---one site had a vidio---did not play as a lot DON'T. One said somethig about the "Ctrl Key"

I really don' know how I did it the first time or the second.---Can you tell me What I'm doing wrong :huh:----------gunnner :)

Windows vista---Dell 521---32 bit

2. DirtyPolo

DirtyPolo Inactive Staff Member

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Hey Gunner, am I right in thinking that this is what you mean?

[attachment=116:2/7/7/4/155.attach]

If so, then when you right click on the taskbar again, you should see the following option:

[attachment=117:2/7/7/4/156.attach]

Can you see either of these when you right click on the task bar?

If you want to select which windows to see, then hold down Ctrl and click once on each of the windows' names at the bottom.

Then right click on any of those selected names, and click on "Show Windows Side by Side"

3. gunnner

Dell 521 32bit
    DP--Thanks for reply---I do get the first ATT. 155--I think the problem is that I only have in the task Bar The one that is on the screen. It does not show the pages before it. In the past the task bar would really fill up.---gunnner :)

4. DirtyPolo

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    So you are saying that the only window that appears in the taskbar, is the currently active one?

What about if you opened up 2 programs or internet browsers, do they both appear in the task bar?

If not, then you could have another problem, unless you have specifically set it to not show any more than 1.

5. gunnner

Dell 521 32bit
    DP---while waiting for next reply was fooling around a bit--
    --I found out that if I clicked on the minimize button that program went to the taskk bar. Rite now have 3 in task bar.
    So What I gather is ya have to minimize the program, then

6. DirtyPolo

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Yeah, you hold ctrl and click on eah window you want side by side, then right-click on any one of them, and select Show side by side.

When you say, if you minimize it, it goes to the taskbar, does that mean that before you minimize it; i.e. the window is fullscreen, it does not show on the task bar at all?

7. gunnner

Dell 521 32bit
    DP----on Side by Side a this moment----------gunnner:)

8. gunnner

Dell 521 32bit
    DP----What I'm trieng to say is that unless I minimize a page it does not go to the task bar--ie. if I open a new page--or X a page out--or click on a new link---the preceding page is not listed in the Task bar---gunnner :)

9. gunnner

Dell 521 32bit
    DP---Forgot ---When on full screen it is in the task bar ---yes --gun:)

10. DirtyPolo

Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Okay, well glad to hear you got side by side working again :)

11. gunnner

Dell 521 32bit
    Hey DP------could not have done it with out your help----
    THANKS-----------GUNNNER:);)

12. gunnner

Dell 521 32bit
    Add. Info----This morn. I tried to get Side by Side (shut down puta last night) After 1 hr. could not---Taskbar would not load up. So I typed a new thread question--- about "how do I to get the task bar to load up"---which I never posted --- Lost it going someplace else.

Anyway I clicked Yahoo mail---page came up -(loaded to taskbar)-then on start---Then on IE---A program came up (MSN or something)----It loaded to the taskbar---And in that window it Had the favorites star button-----from there everything loaded to Tasbar. And each page was on the screen---stacked.

Rite now have 3 programs in tasbar--&-- 3 on the screen. From here I can drag them around to where I want them, & put them side by side myself.

Maybee this is something I should have already known about--maybee everyone does--But I Didnt !

So if anyone else is having the same problem---try what I did above.-----------STILL LEARN'N------gunnner :D