1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Windows Server 2008 Printing Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Home Server' started by billnb, Apr 24, 2011.

1. billnb

billnb

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    I recently took over a network of 8 computers run by Windows 2008 server rs foundation. The main router failed and I had to install another one. Once it was connected I realized the Xerox workstation on the network was not printing. It is connected and working but does not seem to be communicating with the rest of the network so I can't print from any of the computers or scan pictures to the computers from it. The workstation has its own IP address and it has been suggested that the DHCP server is not designating the ip address correctly through the new router. I am not versed on 2008 server yet and need help figuring this out.

2. Dalo Harkin

Dalo Harkin Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Computer Brand or Motherboard:
    ASUS - are there any others worth buying?
    CPU:
    Q6600 at 4.0Ghz per core (Watercooled)
    Memory:
    OCZ PC8500 4x1GB sticks
    Hard Drive:
    Samsung - all the way
    Graphics Card:
    XFX 260GTX rev 1
    Power Supply:
    Seasonic 600Watt
    Have you been into the routers home page and configured it?
    You will need to either look on the bottom of the router for the home page and enter your username and password (usually 192.168.1.1 and username and password)
    from here, you need to either set the router as a DHCP server (where the router dishes the IP addresses out)

I take it that the Xerox device is networked, and connected to the network and not a single PC or print server?