1. Welcome Guest! In order to create a new topic or reply to an existing one, you must register first. It is easy and free. Click here to sign up now!.

Windows Live Mail

Discussion in 'Email Issues' started by BGBG, Jan 6, 2018.

1. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    I do not understand the folders. Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. Have Verizon AOL mail default account and g mail account. gmail account has all folders, ie, Inbox, Drafts, Sent Spam, Starred, Trash.
    Verizon has only one folder which s OUTBOX. Then there are Storage Folders.
    If I try to create folders like Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Trash, under Verizon AOL, the box says the folders already exist and to choose another name. But I cannot see and access them. If there, why do they not show? And how do I make them show? No other mail account I have ever had were the folders names not visible whether had contents or not.
    The Verizon create folders box shows all the folders there but I cannot see them under Verizon. Cannot delete for delete is grayed out. Cannot create for it thinks already there. If I send email to verizon it is like it thinks Verizon in the inbox and lists the mail on screen like it thinks Verizon IS the inbox. What is wrong here?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  2. Tony D

Tony D Super-Moderator Super Moderators

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional
    Put your cursor over the word Verizon which should be above the Outbox.
    To the left of the word Verizon you should see a right-pointing arrow. Click on the arrow to 'Open Up' the Verizon account. Conversely, after the folder are visible, you can click on the arrow to close them back up.

This is an easy way to basically hide one account's folders while viewing the folders from your other account.

allheart55 (Cindy E) likes this.
  3. BGBG

BGBG Registered Members

Operating System:
    Windows 7
    Thank you, Tony. After all these years I never noticed or clicked these little arrowheads ! IT WORKED !

allheart55 (Cindy E) likes this.